Overlooked (once again)
A month before the screening of Minority Report, they’re already running the trailer like they’re worried there’s still one person out there who hasn’t heard.
ok, I understand. Big Hollywood production. Big star. Big director. Big technology. Big on effects. Big takings at the box-office.
This is what matters to the majority so it only makes perfect commercial sense to devote all their promotional efforts on such movies.
Yet time and again, I can’t help but wish they’ll also recognise that there too exist this small group of ppl who are drawn more to the charms of small indie fare that rely solely on the merits of the actors and the storyline to deliver.
No word whatsoever preceded the TV premiere of You Can Count on Me, a poignant drama that most notably, garnered a few acting nominations for it’s lead actress Laura Linney way back in 2001. Then again, even if there were, I don’t suppose many wld care for it.
But for myself, it’s a movie I’ve always wanted to catch since it first came out (I remember I was backpacking in the States then).
Well now, thanks to the lack of publicity, I missed the first half hour. And I probably wldn’t have discovered if I didn’t happen to turn on the telly at the right time.
Perhaps it’s time I get properly acquainted with DVDs.
No comments:
Post a Comment