Orchids from Outer Space
Introducing my new pet.
Of the many possibilities...I picked this. Because I liked that there can be several stalks in bloom at the same time and they all fall downwards like they're weeping.
My mom got herself a 'lil something too from the orchid farm. But we don't know exactly what's the breed and name of her lavender beauties. Thus the pictures to help us identify. 
I know it looks like a Vanda Ms Joachim, but trust me, it's not. We aren't that patriotic.
Already planning for my next purchase. It's actually quite fun digging into the huge database of orchids - both species and hybrids (God knows how many!) - and picking out the ones that I definitely must have. Everytime u see one that u think is it, another will inevitably come along later to make u forget the first one.
But for now, think I shall settle for these...
Aerangis luteo alba var. rhodosticta
Rhynchostylis coelestis
Lovely, aren't they?
No comments:
Post a Comment