Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Eureka!

I used to wonder if Edison and the likes were to be inventors in this present age where everything obvious has already been churned out, wld they hv received as much laud for their works?
It must really take a whole lot more creativity and talent to come up with something new or original these days.
Yet every once in a while, it surprises me to learn that some pretty straight-up ideas hasn't really been represented in the market thus far. Ideas so simple u'd think for sure, someone wld have already been there, done that.

Here are two:
1) Coffee spread. Much like the chocolate ones we have in the departmental stores. Think nutella except with a coffee twist. I've tried searching once for such a product but the closest I cld find was a combo version - coffee on one half and chocolate on the other. It's strange how we now have coffee-everything but no one thought to put out a coffee-flavoured spread. Well at least not in Singapore. So there is potential.

2) Some contraption to hold shoelaces together and prevent them from coming loose. But no chunky ball-like designs please. Just something simple and non-descript so that u can perhaps clip it on in between ur laces.

Maybe I shd be the one huh?
How's that for entrepreneur-spirit?
Singapore will be so proud.

Still on the topic of inventions, kudos to whoever introduced toe-socks (or whatchamecallit) to the world.
As fetish-sounding as this may be...I just love the sensation of cotton pressed in between my toes. ;)

No comments: