Therefore I Am.
Every Monday to Friday, I have to be in the office from 8:15am to 5:45pm. And apparently, the reason why my company's working hours are so odd is that the management wants to push us to the max so that it can operate at it's most efficient. I was told that regulations stipulate that all employees can work no more than 44 hours a week. Anything outside of that will have to counted as overtime and money has to be paid out accordingly. Execs of course are excluded from this ruling.
So let's do a 'lil math...
Every working day, if I only stick strictly to office hours, I wld have put in a total of 9 1/2 hrs. Excluding lunch which is 45 mins, that will be 8 3/4 hrs. Multiply that by 5 and we'll end up with 43 3/4 hrs. So every week, I spend a total of 43 and 3/4 hours in the office. 43 and 3/4 of my waking hours.
What about photography then?
If I were to consider all the time outside of work to be time spent pursuing my craft, I would have clocked a total of 124 and 1/4 hrs every week. Less off the sleeping hours which averages out to be about 6 a day, I would still have 82 and 1/4 hrs to speak of.
And that's not counting the time I'm supposed to be at work but was instead sneakily doing something photography-related.
Hence going by that argument, I shd say where my professional life is concern, I AM first a photographer, then a statistician, isn't that right?
1 comment:
Time to consider doing photography full time instead?
Post a Comment