Wednesday, February 02, 2005

A note to myself

Frankly, I’m a ‘lil hurt.
But this episode also made me realize that everybody is entitled to their own opinions and based their judgment on that. So whether it seems fair to me or not, I shd take it in my stride. After all, as much as I look up to u, whatever u make of it doesn’t automatically render it a fact. And I shd be more assured of myself than that.
For ultimately, how successful I become really only depends on how determined I am and how much I give. I cld use feedbacks along the way, but I certainly don’t need anyone’s approval in particular.

Success to begin with, is a broad term which takes on a different meaning for different ppl. For me, it lies in finding satisfaction in what I do and delivering work that I can be proud of.
I have friends who probably think they have me all figured out but I’m sure I know better. I’m not as lost and clueless as they make me out to be.
At the end of the day, cliché as it may sound, what matters most is to continue believing in yourself and to hold on to what is close to your heart.

Remember…it’s not personal, it’s business.
If u don’t help urself, who will?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have a tendency to be affected by how others judge me. I call it the first child syndrome but these days, I juts want to live life the way i want to. It's much more liberating. :)

Kiv said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kiv said...

Well, i have decided long ago that I won't let how others think of me bother me too much. I feel that while one shd be humble and listen to the opinions of others, u have to decide for urself ultimately if whatever was said was valid or simply skin-deep and move on from there. It's no use feeling dejected or letting those judgements get the better of u, especially when u know who u are and what u can do. U know what makes u tick, u have an idea where u're headed, u know u can rely on urself to get u there. So why fret over how others perceive u? They can doubt u, but u shdn't doubt urself.

That said, I recognise that we are only human. There are times when we can't help feeling disappointed, indignant or simply upset over such things. But it is exactly in this times that I feel we shd remind ourselves of what truly matters. It's pointless to harbour any ill feelings towards ur detractors nor is it wise to challenge their views. I personally think it's rather pathetic to switch lanes or do something just to prove a point.
Like I say, u don't need their approval to succeed.
Why give them the power?

Anonymous said...

a little late, but be well lah. as much as we make fun of you, we ultimately still respect you. remember that!
happy new year too.

-yw