Friday, January 28, 2005

Shot thru' the Heart

Let it be known that I'm very very very VERY protective of all my images. Yes, even those that u can't really tell one apart from the other. I believe every image is unique and can never be replicated.

So when May told me yesterday that one of their machines short-circuited and destroyed half of the 10 rolls I expended for Thaipusam, I was completely devastated!!! Yet I had I shrug it off and tell them that it's alright 'cos the damage has already been done and it's not like they did it on purpose.
Which is true.
What can they do to give me back my images?!
They compensated me by replacing the 5 rolls and didn't charge me for the processing of the other 5 rolls which they managed to savage. But I wld gladly give that all up in an instant in exchange for my lost images, even if there's nothing truly worthy among them.

I really hate it when something as upsetting as this occurs and I have no one to blame or take it out on.
And I don't think I'll ever get over it. Just like a mother will never forget the baby she'd lost, no matter how long it has been.

The only consolation I can give myself right now is that at least it didn't happen on my Sukothai pictures, and that with Thaipusam, there's always next year and the year after next.
But having said that, we're back to my first point.
No 2 images are identical, so while I may be shooting the event again in years to come, they can't and will never be the same as this year's stock.

Those 5 rolls killed in the short circuit - priceless.

R.I.P.

No comments: