"Excuse me, are you a ...."
Like something out of a movie, a lady stopped in my tracks yesterday as I was making my way home and gushed excitedly
"Hello. Long time no see!"
I looked up from my book a 'lil disoriented, and stared blankly into her unfamiliar face.
No recollection. nothing.
Before I cld open my mouth to put forth a "Do I know you?", she was already asking how I have been and where I was headed to.
Still lost, I responded accordingly, trying to stall for time as my mind hurriedly attempted to locate her in my history folders.
Sensing the uncertainty in my voice and seeing my what-must-have-been-awkward expression, she began to seem unsure.
But she pressed on and asked for my namecard. Normally, I wldn't carry any with me, but on this day, I happened to have several in my wallet. I wld have passed on one to her if I didn't realise in time that that wld mean her seeing my full name and ascertain her mistake.
So to save us both the embarassment, I quickly added that I don't have my namecard with me right now but that I cld give her my mobile number, which I did (no, I didn't resort to using a fake).
She then passed me her namecard.
Lim Sher Lin.
Yup, I'm pretty certain now I don't know her.
Or do I? hmm.
well the last thing she said before we moved on...
"Sorry I've forgotten, but what's your name again?"
There. Closure.
No comments:
Post a Comment