Friday, April 22, 2005

The Workshop

Was it worth the money?

I honestly don't know (And no, I'm not just holding back my tongue).

I suppose it's a little like asking a director if it's worth hiring Tom Hanks or Julia Roberts for $20 million.

The one-to-one sessions and portfolio review, invaluable as they are, nevertheless made me wonder: if another photog were to point out exactly the same things, would it be the same as coming from the mouth of a Magnum photographer?

I guess it all boils down to that - how much reverence u give to the brand name.

It wasn't quite what I'd expected. In fact, I'm pretty sure it wasn't quite what everyone expected. The name was misleading, I agree with KC. Perhaps it shd more accurately be called ‘Learning to See’ or something to that effect.

But having said that, I did of course learn a fair bit from the exercises. And yes, I managed to get his autograph as well.

So there.

No comments: