Beware the Peacock
Effeminate guys have never really bothered me in the way it does some ppl who cldn't get pass their behavior and mannerisms.
But this new colleague of mine is proving to be quite something else.
He kinda reminds me of a good friend, yet far from finding his antics amusing, he's really starting to get on my nerves.
I can't stand that he's such a peacock! And by that, I don't mean looks-wise but rather his personality.
It's still ok by me that he knows his skin-care products better than any of the ladies in the office and has in fact become their sales radar, but to hv him incessantly fuss abt his diet and obsess with thinness - not cool. There was a time when he wld only drink powder shakes the whole day long, even refusing to gulp down a small cup of green tea claiming it has calories (fried chicken or char kuay teow yes, but green tea?!). Oh gosh. And he tells us in the past, he has resorted to desperate measures such as just sniffing and not eating, or worse, eating and then puking it all out afterwards. The thing that truly disturbs me however, is not so much what he did, but that he talks of it like it's something to be proud of.
Aside from that, I also take issue with his seemingly insatiable appetite (yes, ironically) for the "limelight". Through a project he was roped in to do when he first came on board, he got acquainted with the big wigs and obviously relish the attention they paid him. If u think this sounds like jealousy on my part, I can honestly say it isn't 'cos I'm through with this company and I cldn't care less anymore. But just looking at how hard he's trying to impress the bosses, I can't help but feel a tad annoyed, especially when I'm directly involved in say, a particular assignment as well. If he doesn't know enough, I wld rather he just shut up and not make smart-alec comments that in fact only exposes his lack of understanding, just for the sake of showing the manager that he has something to offer and that he has done his homework. And really, he shd stop calling that woman ie. The President by her first name 'cos it just makes my hair stand.
Well at first I thought it was only me perhaps who felt this way abt him due to my own personal biasness ( I have to admit, sometimes it happens). But yesterday afternoon, another colleague came up to me and unexpectedly expressed the same sentiments. So I suppose there really has got to be something irksome there.
Ok, now I'm keeping my fingers crossed he doesn't discover this blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment