So small yet SO potent!
Had the fright of my life the other day when I lifted the viewfinder up to my eye to take a picture, but found that as I turned the focusing ring back and forth, at no point was the image truly sharp enough.
It only came close to how I remember it to be when things were in focus. Which was weird, 'cos back then, I cld tell so naturally I dun usually even give it much thought.
And now I'm suddenly confronted with this. So it made me wonder if perhaps all along it has always been this way but I only started taking notice of it at this moment. The question on my mind: did my memory serve me right or did I just suddenly become this much more critical?
But I reckoned, the most probable explanation cld simply be that I've squirted one eye shut for too long and staring too hard through the other, thus the blurred vision. And so to prove to myself that I'm just worrying myself silly, I pulled my face away and started massaging my eyes before giving it a second shot. Yet again, no matter how slowly I turned the focusing ring from end to end and carefully examining every single part of the frame, I cld not identify any lines that were particularly sharp.
Not convinced, I tried again. And again. And again, till I finally succumbed to the notion that quite possibly, something cld be really wrong with my eyes. Oh no! Was I being punished for devoting so much of myself to photography and not to the Big Guy up there?!
Of course it has also occured to me that it cld be the camera or the lens. But then, cameras don't suddenly just stop working without any signs or prior "warning", do they? It was fine yesterday when I last used it. And what about the lens? I've tried on every single one that I have and still the problem is there, so what are the chances?!
Well today I was finally able to solve (or come close to solving) the mystery.
The lady boss at Camera Workshop introduced me to the dioptric adjuster.
And I thought it was harmless!
Gosh, I've never felt more moronic...
No comments:
Post a Comment