A Chapter closes
My last day wasn't quite like what I'd imagined it to be some 3 months back when all I wanted was to get out of this place. Throughout the whole of today, my heart was pretty much heavy and every little thing I do wld evoke thoughts of this being the very last time.
The last time I'll ever be using my pass to ride for free.
The very last time I'll be walking through these gates.
The very last time I'll be sitting right here in my cubicle, seeing the mess in front of me that I've become so familiar with.
The very last time I'll be making a cup of coffee in this pantry after lunch.
The very last time I'll be bantering with this group of ppl.
The very last time I'll be living out the routine I've grown so accustomed to over the last 3 years.
*sigh* I think I'm too sentimental for my own good.
Packing up and clearing out proved to be a real nightmare. I managed to finish all that I needed to do only at about 9:30pm. By which time, the office was already eerily devoid of human life. Ever so often, I had to force myself to push on even though all I really wanted to do was throw away all that stuff in front of me and call it a day. Gosh. It was just so exhausting gg through 3 years worth of paper, followed by emails and then excel files. On top of that, I've to attend to my clearance and exit interview as well, plus make the rounds to shake hands, bid each other adieu and distribute chocolates. So really, I've never been busier!
I came home with 3 heavy bags that threaten to burst at the seams. And I had to lug it all the way 'cos now that my pass has been taken away from me, I'm back to walking the distance between the MRT station and my flat, as was how it has always been before I joined SMRT.
I wonder what's in store for me tomorrow.
On a more positive note, I went and signed up for a corporate plan at Singtel this afternoon. I thought it was funny that I shd do so on my last day of service and these ppl are none the wiser. So in their records, for the next 2 years, I'll still be an SMRT staff.
No comments:
Post a Comment