Saturday, September 10, 2005

Newfound Ambition

Over breakfast this morning…

Dad: The stupid government should make a list of all the HDB flats that are exempted from having to have their windows changed, instead of waiting for each and every household to get a contractor to certify and then inform them that their windows are stainless steel. Why have everyone from the same block tell them that when it’s obvious that if it’s true for one unit, it’s true for the rest as well?!

Me: Well u can always bring this up to your MP…

Dad: I don’t know when he comes by.

Mom: This Monday. His meet-the-people sessions are on Mondays.

Dad: Good. Then I shd go think of other issues to raise to him also.

Me: err…please make sure it’s the right forum to raise ur “other” issues hor.

*long pause*

Dad (turned to Mom): How about do I join the Residents’ Committee???

No comments: