Face Off
I have no conscience.
This was what was put to me by one half of a couple who were in court this morning to bail out their druggie friend.
As they were making their way out with another friend of theirs, the reporter tipped his head towards the latter and whispered under his breath, "That's her".
So I hurriedly walked over to where they were standing and leapt into action. 

It took her a while to realise I was there with my camera trained at her face but when she did, she quickly covered it from view with her hands and ran aside. Still, my camera continued to pursue her ferociously. 

The couple then came to her rescue. The lady used her notepad to shield her friend from my lens, while the man stepped forward and began confronting me with threats and legal action.
Yet throughout it all, I didn't even think for a second to put my camera down and stop shooting. Which of course only made him even more annoyed than he already was.
That's when he started getting physical and tried to grab me with both arms. 


My reporter who was initially looking on from a distance quickly stepped in at that point and reminded him to restrain himself. He complained that I touched him as well but we both knew there's no truth in that 'cos I know better than to breach the golden rule of court photography ie. "u can't touch them, they can't touch u". If anyone was breaking this code, it was him. And yet he dare talk abt sueing me!
Can u blame me for being more amused than anything else?!
What's even funnier was when he added later on that I was touching him with my camera. Oh gosh. Spare me the shakesphere!
The lady had her own share of quoteworthy soundbites. Aside from chiding me for being cold blooded, she said I should have asked for their permission at the very least and they might just allow me to snap away. Ya right, like that's gonna happen - I thought to myself.
Listening to her, I cldn't help but break into a grin which probably came out looking like a sneer instead because I was trying to keep it down. And that was exactly what she said - that I had the audacity to sneer somemore!
I did more than sneering as a matter of fact. I remember checking my LCD screen in front of them both while they fumed away. And when the guy sarcastically queried "Nice pictures eh???", I actually nodded at him! hahaha
Boy, I can be such a prick sometimes.
The drama ended only when he went to get the security officer stationed inside the sub court to come arrest me but got waved off. Then he sprouted a few "I'll sue! I'll sue" before hurriedly walking away.
No comments:
Post a Comment