Friday, March 24, 2006

Drunk on Doyle

It was a choice between Miss Singapore Universe or Christopher Doyle.
Save for me, that's obvious enough (I mean, have u seen the girls???).
The only reason why I wld even consider the former is simply because it's the easier of the two. But then it wld be passing up an opportunity to meet the man himself.
Ergo Christopher Doyle it was.

The moment I took my pick, the pressure started building up.
I was warned rightaway against doing the cheesy "hand-framing-his-face" picture. And the Senior Photog kept querying "How do you want to shoot him?".
So that kept me thinking the whole of last night and the larger part of this morning. And which kinda explained why I grew more and more nervous as the time drew near.
Would I be able to pull it off?

From my experience thus far, however prepared u may be, such sessions are largely unpredictable in that they never do quite come off as per what u've originally envisioned. The light, setting and ambience may vary; the person himself may not be as willing to go along with ur ideas or pull the right look. As such, one has always got to be ready to improvise on-the-spot.
In the Snr Photog's very own words, "if Plan A don't work, you've to have Plan B and C all at the back of your hand".

Well as it turned out, I dun even have to do much, apart from rethinking the venue.
The session took place not in his hotel room but at a bar that was opened exclusively for him to meet the media.
And Chris Doyle, he was this dynamic ball of energy that just sucks u in the moment he gives himself to u.
From the time I handed him the roll of film I brought along, he played with it like a cat that has discovered a ball of wool.
And as brief as it was, it was pure magic.



Everything was so right when I looked through the lens it was intense.



The pleasure was all mine really.

No comments: