Sunday, March 05, 2006

You Walk, I Run

Now here's a suggestion - how 'bout henceforth calling the first Sunday subsequent to the release of the Electoral Boundary Report "Walkabout Day"?

Because that sure as hell seemed to be what was happening across the whole island today.
Suddenly, these politicians - and by that I mean the incumbents and oppositions alike - were all out in full force knocking on doors, selling newsletters & tees and "mingling" with the common man on the ground at their respective wards-of-interest.
Kinda like an invasion.



My Mom used to apply this Hokkein phrase to me and my siblings when we try to cramp a whole year's worth of notes into our heads just one day before the exams, which loosely translates into "wanna shit then only start digging hole". Of course if u even try to suggest that this is how you feel abt today's efforts, they will almost certainly have u know that u cldn't be more wrong in thinking so 'cos they've been active for the last [insert a reasonably-sounding number] months.
Typical response. But whatever.

My biggest grouse is that I had to rush all over the place to cover them while they were at it. And it's not funny when they all decide to come out to play at the same time.

1 comment:

Kiv said...

I can so see it...
On Nomination Day, u go to the polls. He's not listed among the candidates u're to vote for but u write his name down anyway and tick against it!
haha