Friday, April 28, 2006

"How do I Love Thee?"

This picture just cracks me up every time I see it.


TODAY 28 Apr 2006


It was taken by my buddy Donnie Tabasco yesterday at Bendemeer Primary School nomination centre, where those interested in contesting the wards of Tanjong Pagar, Jalan Besar and Potong Pasir showed up to officiate their candidacy along with their supporters. And then there was Mr Syed Abu Bakar Alsagoff - part-time whacko - who came to volunteer himself as a stand-in for Mr Chiam See Tong should the Potong Pasir incumbent failed to turn up.

Obviously Mr Alsagoff isn't much of an LKY fan.
To borrow that infamous tagline from the MasterCard ad....
"The look on his face. Priceless."

I wonder if our MM is not the least bit amused.

Over on my end at Tao Nan school, things were a 'lil less colorful. But that's not to say it was quieter 'cos after all we're talking abt the very popular SM Goh here. At one point, while trying to catch that money shot of him being hoisted up after his walkover was declared, I was squeezed so tightly among his followers they were moving me along without me even needing to use my legs. It was complete madness! The whole time I had to struggle to keep the camera pointed towards his direction and fire off a few spurts whenever my eyes cld get anywhere close to the viewfinder.

A Victorious SM Goh

And guess what? I spotted my secondary school disciplinary master among the scores of PAP supporters.

Well let's just say no surprises there.

No comments: