Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Memento

As far as my observation goes, it's uncommon for any member of the media to ask to have their pictures taken with a certain celebrity or personality (with the exception of a certain Ace Kindred Cheong, who in the first place isn't from the press but just likes to think of himself as being so).

But on this one occasion when legendary footballer Pelé came by for a tour of the Sports School, everyone - and I mean EVERYone - was just waiting out their turn for a moment with him - whether it be for an autograph or a photo.

So I thought *what the hack*...though I'm honestly not even half as starstruck as the bunch of them, why pass up the chance to take a photo with the man when I'm privilege enough to be here. Just for keepsake if nothing else. hee.



Best Friends


Rather oddly, while I was waiting around in the conference room, a lady appeared from seemingly nowhere to offer Pelé a handshake, so he in turn asked if she wld like to have a picture with him. And since she wasn't carrying a camera and I was just standing right in front, I thought it was only right I did them the favour.

But the funny thing about this brief episode was that unlike previous such encounters, this lady didn't come up to me right after to ask for the picture. I had to be the one calling out to her for an email address where I can reach her.
And it was only then that I realised she was my English/literature teacher from Sec 4.

Well talk about coincidence.

Gosh, it's nice seeing you again after all these years Ms Ong!

No comments: