Suspicious Minds

Almost a month on, what do I remember of the trip?
J spilling Ovaltine all over herself on the plane.
*snigger*
But of course, there are other things,
...like...
...the sweet thai-styled roti-prata snack (which I swear will kill me if I stayed on and ate a couple more)
...how impossible it was just to locate and pull over 2 vacant chairs at the make-shift night market along the Mekong
...worrying if we've enough money to buy a visa into Laos while queing up at the border, only to learn later on that it's FOC for Singaporeans (way to go PM Lee!)
...having to head back to Nong Khai Grand (a misnomer of a name if u ask me) and humbly ask the same recep lady for a room after our initial snub the day before,
and last but not least,
...rushing to the airport on a tuk tuk
Sadly, however memorable all that was, the trip had to be declared a failure 'cos no fireballs were sighted. At least not at where we were, when we were there.
And so in disappointment, we contemplated lying to our friends back home (yes we shd be ashamed of ourselves!).
Which in turn made us momentarily wonder if this isn't really just an 'Emperor's New Clothes' phenomenon. I mean, the claims that the fireballs can't be photograph does make it sound somewhat suspicious, doesn't it?









No comments:
Post a Comment