Friday, June 24, 2005

U-turn

I did the unthinkable. I withdrew my resignation letter.
But not before my manager pointed out to me that I have forgotten to sign it.

Opps.

Well, in case u're wondering if I'd succumbed to my doubts, rest assured I'm still going ahead with my original plans.
The only reason for my U-turn was 'cos I've heard from reliable sources (hmm...don't they all claim to be?) that HR is working towards paying out the bonus at the end of this month. So really, I don't think I can live with myself if I'd just missed it by a couple of days.

And now, my manager is in cahoots with me!
She said to me during my appraisal
"It doesn't make a difference to the company if they save 1-2K more. And for you to have waited this long and not get a single cent is indeed a waste. So I'll see what I can do."

As if that's not odd enough, she even went on to give me pointers on how to pick out the best date to resign.
Apparently, this comes with experience.

No comments: