Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Of Wordplay and Mosquitoes

A well thought-out tagline is always refreshing to hear.
And the most recent one I've came across that stuck was
"For the Ocean's team to get even, they have to fix the odds".

Almost as witty as Eminem declaring
"Everybody only wants to discuss me, So this must mean I'm disgusting"

But having said that, I reckon not everything that finds it's way into your memory is necessarily an indication of quality, though of course the good ppl behind it wld hv u know that they've succeeded.
Sometimes it's really only because it's so bad.

The latest dengue slogan comes to mind.
"If they breed, you will bleed"

I won't say it's horrific, but for some reason, it just doesn't sound sleek to me. A 'lil corny in fact. I'm reminded of the stuff in my Primary 6 autograph book.

Speaking of dengue, the niece has introduced me to something every army boy ought to consider getting.



Mosquito patches.

Up until now, as far as options go, I thought there were only your usual OFF sprays and coils (which I swear by) in the market to chooose from.
And seeing that it actually goes well with the camoflage, the next time I'm due for reservist, I'll be sure to give this a try.

In the meantime, inspired by all this talk of taglines, I've thought up my very own for the mozzie patch.

"The buzz around no buzz"

Well yes, thank God I've got a day job.

No comments: