Presenting the Fourth Generation
Though having flown a couple more times since my first on a China Airlines plane bound for Taiwan courtesy of the army, the miracle of flight never cease to amaze me. How I can be having breakfast with my cousins at the market in Pokok Assam just this morning and now sitting here on my fave couch spot back at home in Singapore, watching ‘Lost’. The ear butts I used earlier today are still fresh in the bin at my grandma’s place.
Some 700 km from where I am now.
Unlike previous visits back to my hometown, we took a plane this time instead of a bus, for the welfare of my dear baby niece (or shd I say all of us, since what’s worse than being stuck on a bus is to be stuck on one with a restless baby). She’s a lucky one, having gotten the chance to fly even before she turns one.
And from this trip, I also learnt that she’s a shy ‘lil tot. A girly girl!
Unlike my cousin's baby boy who's so seemingly at ease with strangers, my niece's face wld slowly contort into a frown when she’s in the arms of someone unfamiliar, and not before long, u'll find her quietly sobbing away. I'm secretly amused whenever I observe this. .jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
It's comforting to know that both babies hv finally gotten to meet their great-grandmother. At least that much is fulfilled.
Though I do sometimes wish she was better-abled to interact and bond with them..jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment